Computer Science and Advanced Data Analytics
Data science and smart computing are quickly rising scientific disciplines. With an ever increasing amount of data being produced worldwide, the ability to discover meaningful patterns in data is becoming more and more important. The specialisation Computer Science and Advanced Data Analytics offers future-oriented topics in computer science, with a focus on the foundations and applications of smart computing technologies. The programme establishes connections to real-world problems which are relevant in science and society.
The master Computer Science and Advanced Data Analytics consists of three different tracks:
- Advanced Data Science
Including courses covering several aspects of data mining, optimization algorithms, social network analysis and more.
- Algorithms and Software Technology
Featuring courses on software testing, parallel programming, component coordination, algorithms inspired by nature and more.
- Computer Systems, Imagery and Media
Including courses on multimedia systems, audio signal processing, visualization techniques, embedded systems, and more.
Being based at the Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science (LIACS) and associated with the Leiden Centre of Data Science (LCDS), students benefit from a research environment and from our many collaborations with other scientific disciplines, companies and organizations.
Why choose Computer Science in Leiden?
- Research at LIACS has an excellent international reputation. Moreover, in Elsevier’s Best Studies survey students have ranked this master programme as best of its kind in the Netherlands.
- The strength of the programme is its individual approach: an individually tailored programme is designed for each student.
- The researchers and assistants are easily accessible. Students and staff work closely together in a research-oriented environment.